View Single Post
Old 2006-11-30, 18:08   Link #91
myopius

What an awesome episode. I don't have time to read all the comments now, unfortunately. However, I just wanted to post to say how excellent it was.

I am instinctively pissed off by Nina, too, but I'm actually happy she's there, because it will raise viewer awareness of how even people who aren't "bad" and who don't seem the type can be warped by prejudice. This show has that neat side to it; as you come to know the various Britannians, you come to realize that they are perhaps likeable, despite that they are, in many (most, or all) cases, extremely prejudiced; and of cours, the terrorists are also prejudiced in the reverse.

I hope to see how that conversation went after Lelouch pointed a gun at Euphemia. Probably in her memories. Anyway, I like that Zero's plans weren't screwed up completely by the Lancelot. Lelouch's speech reinforced my confidence that he does have consistent, wholistic convictions.

Yes, the Order's dress is really bad. However, in a way, knowing what they stand for makes it more like they're redefining "cool" by wearing those oddly proportioned gothic outfits. Unfortunately, I dislike that there's no room for individuality when they're all dressed the exact same way. Especially in the case of Karen, since she's clearly an individual. Eh, maybe the differences will become more noticable as I continue to watch the series (someone already mentioned that Tamaki's is unique).