View Single Post
Old 2010-04-29, 12:03   Link #74
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Small note : There has been a research back in the 1980s that girls are better at recognising and remembering landmarks, while horrible in directions. Vice versa for the boys.
[B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I keep on ongoing mental 3-d terrain map in my head 24/7, there are some landmarks but a lot of it is simply inertial and a sense of compass. This was a critical tool for hunting back in the Ice Age.
My wife routinely turns the wrong way out of stores in the mall and always thinks I'm going the wrong way or has a really skewed idea of how the city is laid out. But she knows what is near each landmark and goes from landmark to landmark.... probably a really good skill for roots&berry gathering.
Together, we argue our way across the landscape.
Quote:
I always get lost looking for landmarks on the map, which I frequently do since I am lazy to constantly keep an eye on the map in an unknown place. But when it comes to directions, it is always easier to retrace my steps to the nearest train station.

The research conducted (I can't remember the title of the paper nor the journal), also pointed out that boys are good at playing with their visual imagination, while girls are good at finishing up the product of the imagination due to their brains and hands wired to put together sensitive details.
O_O

...does that make me a female with male inner workings? XD

Anyway, I've been thinking...ever since that anime-original-love-letter-to-Ritsu episode, KyoAni has been making headband-less Ritsu seem like an exclusive or rare occurrence in the anime. ...gah, I think I'm still bitter about that bangs joke not animated...>_>

Spoiler for I mean, she looks good like this...:

Quote:
Kakifly already did a test. Mio rejected the idea totally. She wanted Ritsu all to herself.
I sooo wish that was the case. XDDD That chapter (before the release) made me want to dump my Mitsu folder (lame, I know >_>)...XD