View Single Post
Old 2015-10-11, 21:04   Link #138
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
The main problem with marina is that you could write her out of the story and not lose much of anything. It felt to too many people that her story went nowhere and that any screen time with her featured was a waste of time. Seriously, when you rewatch 00 just fast forward through any scene with her involved. You won't miss much of anything which is quite telling.

Love or hate her, Relina has more of a connection to wing's story then Marina ever did to 00. I hope Kurdelia ends up more relevant to the story than Marina but then that won't be a hard task to accomplish.
I guess it's the case of different strokes for different folks then.

I personally appreciate the writer for providing us Marina’s POV. It’s not often you get a POV from a helpless and powerless leader of a destroyed third-world country in a Gundam conflict. Most of the previous Gundam series always focusing the POV from factions that has the power over the war that is going on (EF, Zeon, Titans, PLANT/ZAFT, EA, the three Solar factions in 00, Vagan, etc) and the “unimportant” countries which are still affected by the war got glossed over at best (with the exception being Gundam 0080 which I like to death).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
As for 08 ms teams Aina, her focus in the story was more about setting up a star-crossed lovers storyline. Her piloting skills were kind of irreverent to the story, she doesn't need to be a badass pilot to be an interesting female character.
I know that. That's why my impression of her has always been the "Zeon Juliet" .