View Single Post
Old 2012-07-01, 15:08   Link #4457
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
The part I'm confused with is why people get angry that she's not appearing.
Probably has something to do with, as I already pointed out, she's a character who's actually important to this particular title., unlike the original ToLoveRu which was pretty much just about all the girls in general.
Although if you would recall, Lala actually appeared in many (if not all/almost all) of the chapters of the original which had no real plot, while Yami appears almost not at all lately despite there actually being something of a plot and the plot of Darkness involving.......well yeah, it's in the title.

Quote:
This isn't a popularity contest, lack of her appearance doesn't mean she's getting shafted or anything of the sort. This is a story. The fact that she isn't appearing is obviously because she isn't pertinent to the story at hand. I welcome it because at the very least it isn't one note simply focusing on a single character. Mea's development is important to Yami's as these are all pieces for whatever confrontation comes next.
Not being focused on is one thing; not appearing when you have significant connections to the character(s) currently being focused on (didn't we just have a Mea chapter with no Yami appearance at all?) is another.

Quote:
Nemesis is clearly planning something, and Yami already got her development which can only be propelled by whatever happens next with Nemesis. So until the next big thing happens, I don't think Yami is going to get too much screen time.
Yami got her development? Only just as much as any of the other characters who keep appearing, certainly no more than them; she still has plenty a ways to go.

Quote:
Though, let me ask you a question, why exactly are you so adamant about Yami getting attention? Do you feel the series is lacking because she's not there?
As stated above. Unlike the original, there's actually something of a plot here. Rito appears in every chapter of the original TLR no matter how significant/insignificant he is to the chapter because it's a story about Rito and his harem. Lala also appeared in many of the chapters because she was, for a long time, considered to be the "main" heroine of TLR.
Now, Darkness actually has something of a plot, which directly involves Yami yet she's been largely absent for quite some time.
I'm not saying she should be in every chapter because there are some chapters where her presence would just get in the way of the story, but like I pointed out above we just had a Mea chapter that didn't see any Yami appearances at all when she's already been absent for quite some time. And if anybody has a deep connection to Mea, it's Yami.

Of course there's also the fact she's my favorite of the girls, but that takes a backseat to the above.