View Single Post
Old 2010-08-28, 02:10   Link #980
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
Well, many people here are throwing mathematical, physical or chemical equations and technical facts on military history around, to try and prove why or why not explosions, WWII stories or Italians on Rokkenjima might or might not be true. So I hope you excuse, if I'm offended at you telling me off for raising that point.
In the end every guess made regarding the internal logic of Umineko might turn out wrong, because maybe Ryukishi won't abide by any of them. So while some find musing about genre-rules annoying, others don't care much for why it could only be 620t of explosives instead of 900.

And where exactly is the number mismatch you say?!

As far as I understood the whole excercize of EP7, the ''killer'' was basically everybody who would be involved in furthering the legend of the golden witch in any other world.
The Golden Witch Beatrice is only born, because so many people are dependant on her existence. Back in 1945 Kinzo created her because he needed to keep people away from Rokkenjima and some excuse to explain his sudden wealth, while at the same time creating a diversion to smuggle Beatrice Castigliani into the country.
The 2nd Beatrice was kept under the same cover of legend, so that nobody might venture into the forest and find her, while she herself was also confined in a similar manner.
And with the 3rd Beatrice it would start to split into 2 pathes. In the worlds we've seen so far, the witch lives on, but in Rion's world there is no reason to keep the witch alive and so they 'killed her off'. That's why the mystery can exist without there being a body, because Beatrice was never confined to a single body and in the moment she wasn't necessary anymore, she died and was buried by all the people who came in contact with her.
So as far as I understood it, there cannot be a 'Murder of the Golden Witch', because there never actually was a Golden Witch.

So the question for me isn't as much, who let Beatrice die in Rion's world, but who wouldn't let Beatrice die in the scenarios we've witnessed so far.
Because even if Shannon or Kanon (or both) was Beatrice, leaving with George or Jessica would have marked an end to the necessity of the legend.
Oh.

That's a simple question to answer: Maria.

Maria wouldn't let Beatrice die, obviously.