Thread: Question A discussion on spoilers.
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-16, 18:11   Link #64
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'd just like to forward something a friend of mine said to me last night. This problem isn't confined to AS. It has become global across anime communities/dens, it seems.

Quote:
Sword Art Online has become the show of the season for "never the twain shall meet" in regards to fans/haters. Many of those who are haters of the show, as much as fans, are spoiling everyone with the LN to ruin it for them. The chan of four is being inundated with people picking apart every aspect of the show and trolling it to the four winds (Total Eclipse is getting the same treatment). Welcome to the modern form of internet fandom. Great, isn't it.

The comments forum for the new Kara no Kyoukai movie on anidb was locked for similar reasons, with most of the posts deleted by the moderators. I've never seen that happen before on anidb. There have been a collection of new users there who are the internet equivalent of vermin in the eaves.
This isn't specifically a problem with AS. This is a problem with modern anime fandom. Aspects of which Solace has already eluded to.