View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 08:32   Link #37
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Same here...

There was a thread before on how Japanese fans came to Animesuki, picked up our quotes, and return to 2ch or whatever forum they in, and translate them into Japanese for others. And honestly it was really fun seeing their reactions on our posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I suggested that Bilinguals set up a question and answer exchange with another Japanese site, but no one really seemed enthusiastic about the idea.
I post and lurk both Animesuki and 2ch, and I can guarantee you one thing: no, you don't want to interact with 2ch, especially the types in VIP and News Sokuhou.

VIPPERS are closer to /b/ population, and much of anime board closer to rest of the 4chan.
Highly immature, extremely racially offensive, and chock full of trolls up to the neck.
Heck, 2ch itself has compared its posts to "graffitti found on public restroom walls".
(Yes, there's a lot of self-loathing going on in 2ch, which is one aspect I actually find entertaining )

However due to the massive population of 2ch, I find it resourceful and useful.
Some threads in the outskirts are comparatively civilized, while major outlets are full of trolling and spamming 24/7.

I repeat, no, you do not want to be interacting with them.