View Single Post
Old 2013-01-01, 18:45   Link #37
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Animation Quality: 10

P

a good script with strong emotional involvement, godly soundtrack, and amazing animation....
SAO is indeed a strong contender to Fate/Zero this year...
I'll say SAO is the best anime 2012 because this anime can reach every single anime watchers in the whole world including those who only watch Naruto or shounen things...

10/10... enough said
I truly disagree. I think not Fate/Zero nor SAO deserve to be the anime of this year.
I never really felt anything about the characters (from both shows).
I was watching the Legend of Legendary Heroes parallel to this and can say that there I felt more sympathy to the main character of LoL Heroes compared to all characters(both in SAO and F/Z)

Coming back to the topic:

-SAO part of the anime - 8/10 (fluid animation, okay characters and nice sub-plots, I even pitied Sachi)

-ALO part of the anime - 6/10 (too overpowered Kirito, the outcome was expected plus adding too much useless characters with exposed breasts didn't help in liking this part)

- I absolutely hated "MAMA, PAPA" in the series - was there just a strong emphasis on that in the novels? ( I read only the 1st one). This makes me subtract one point from overall score

- But I certainly enjoyed the SAO arc, that I can give an extra point to overall score

- I don't think that OST here was something cool, average music (compared to now airing Zetsuen no Tempest this OST pales)

So at the end (8+6)/2 -1 +1 = 7

Overall:7 - worth watching for the 1st part, but 2nd part will definitely disappoint you