Thread: Visiting Japan
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-03, 18:22   Link #1213
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Gaijinpot is the most trafficked. But beware - while there's good info there, many of the posters are quite frankly a-holes who love to mock and belittle any newbie who dares try to contribute.

I moved to Japan from the US about 9 months ago and have a "Tokyo Diaries" tab on my site, if you're interested in one view on the move.
I AGREE! I WAS ONCED OUT THERE! I've been into Japanese forum sites before because it was my dream to be able to go to Japan and make a living there. Now I've been into gaijinpot, I was hoping to improve my language there and ask for some advice on how will I be able to go there starting from zero. Most of them will just mock you and will belittle you. Seriously, I've been into arguments against them, I was clearly insulted but people takes sides, they didn't considered how I was being insulted and got offended. I don't recommend this site either, they are not helping, generally discouraging. My friend was right though, nihonjin are really kind but just shy, the arrogant ones are those gaijins, trying to discourage newbies as if they never once became one.
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote