View Single Post
Old 2011-08-05, 14:47   Link #243
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I found Joker's behavior and lines to be pretty funny. Not the balls line specifically, but the pencil scene was very amusing, as was his stint in the nurse's outfit, and of course his "You complete me," line. Whole theater laughed at that if I remember correctly.
Those lines do nothing for me. But to be fair, if there's one strong element about 'The Dark Knight'-- it was Ledger's performance. That's about it, though.

I don't put a whole lot of stock into a theatre laughing. Hell, I remember seeing 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' in theatres and people were laughing at the idiotic jokes Sam's Mom made-- as well as Devastator having testicles, which was unacceptable. No offense intended to anyone on here, but there's a lot of... let's just say "not smart people" that go the movies now-a-days. It's almost impossible for me to take the general film goer serious.

Oh, but one more thing... the pencil scene is yet another example of as to why I hate this "pushing the boundaries of PG-13" nonsense. Instead of showing the guys' eye being smashed to a pulp-- or better yet, the "Why so serious?" line before cutting the man's face, the camera quickly cuts away. It's so by the book.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote