View Single Post
Old 2009-05-27, 20:10   Link #189
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
...But I guess it's a pointless argument since there doesn't seem to be any correlation between a character alignement on the good/evil axis and the reception from the public. I mean... Makoto in School Days is one of the most hated anime characters of all time, people actually want him dead while his crime is being a self centered eromaniac. On the other hand people love Lucy of Elfen Lied who is a mass murderer who slaughters totally innocent people as if they were flies.
Interesting. In the case of Lucy vs. Makoto, it seems to me the difference is that Lucy is an innocent creature, unaware that what she is doing is bad. Is a tiger evil when it kills a deer? Whereas Makoto knows very well that what he is doing is bad. In addition, he is a rather boringly normal character, whereas Lucy is excitingly different. And she is also a victim herself. As well as being quite attractive. I think those are all reasons why we feel some sympathy toward her.

In the case of Shiratori Diana Kuroha, her beauty too helps us cheat in her direction. And she is also an interesting character, with a unique modus operandi. So she is a bit like Light in that regard, as well as in the fact that she has some (spurious) feeling that what she is doing is just.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.