View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 01:15   Link #662
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Are you living in Feudal Europe where only the King's men are afforded the right to keep and bear arms?

Guess you need to get out of Santa Barbara more often.
There are many people in rural America that suplement their grocery bill by hunting game on their property.
Also, Ranchers use AR-15s and M14s to protect livestock from coyotes, wolves, and other predators so that you have food in the grocery store.
No I live in the modern United States where most people go to local grocery stores or farmers markets to get their food. Hunting game is not a need of the vast majority of people in the US, and for the people that cannot provide enough for themselves, that is a problem with US poverty more than anything else. We have enough resources in this country to get these people fed, it is not necessary to hunt.

As for ranchers, I think that hardly qualifies as your average civilian. More to the point, it doesn't change a damn thing I've said about guns. They are lethal tools, and the vast majority of people are not going to be using such tools on a day to day basis for their livelihood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Oh, just grow up already. A gun is a tool. It is a piece of mechanical technology developed by humans that utilizes the kinetic energy of a "slow" oxidation reaction to accelerate a small projectile at high velocity.

It is an inanimate object. It is not sentient nor does it have an inherent "evil" property.

I swear, the media has so poisoned people's minds that they think a useful tool is somehow possessed by a demonic force and must be destroyed.
Please remind me where I ever insinuated guns are inherently evil.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote