View Single Post
Old 2009-11-17, 12:07   Link #209
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Wait, your dispel actually helps against curses? Why doesn't mine do that?
I've seen it fail before sometimes. I think it's kind of buggy, but it seems to work most of the time for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Any tips for a lvl 12 Templar? I’ve been focusing on str, dex, with a bit of willpower and constitution. But I really wonder if it’s really a good thing.

And I’m loving my shields (just got Shield Mastery). Are Templar skills really worth it? So far I only use the first level, the passive thingy (forgot the name). Don’t really think they're useful...at all.
I'm not sure you need dex beyond the 26 required for one of the shield talents. Strength increases damage and defense because of the scaling effects of shields, so it might be better to simply focus on that. Then again, maybe I'm wrong. Sometimes it's hard to figure out exactly what certain stats do to certain things.

Templars have two skills worth mentioning, which I already did actually. The dispel ability (2nd skill) which I'm fairly sure works on nasty debuffs cast by mages, and the knockdown ability (4th skill) which is a ranged AoE knockdown. It also does spirit damage, but that's negligible, and it says it does mana burn but I've never noticed that. I tended to use it to knock down mages and run up to them safely before they can get up (followed by repeatedly knocking them down or stunning them, because I hate mages). It's actually pretty long ranged as a targetable circle, which I'm not sure the description implies.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote