View Single Post
Old 2007-08-04, 22:42   Link #108
toru310

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
The original Memtest86 project remained at a standstill for some years (I reckon since 2003), and Memtest86+ was just a fork project in order to keep the program up-to-date. However, January 17 this year, the original Memtest86 project finally released an update. The .com site is the original Memtest86 project--the .org site is the fork, Memtest86+.

There should be no practical difference between the two, but I would rely more on the Memtest86+, since its developers have been actively investing time into it lately. Besides, it's the version I have (memtest86+ comes bundled in the Linux distribution I use, Ubuntu).

Wiki page for the memtest86+ project. If you look in the external links portion, there's a line that says that after years of standstill the memtest86 project finally released an update.
Finally waiting for that kind of answer thanks.. because lately the two sites are bugging me I don't know which site to trust..

Site topic: regarding memtest if I test my ram is it ok to test them both intact or should I test them one at a time? because I'm pretty much done with my testing and so far no problems found..

Also is it not advisable to transfer files from drive to drive with a bad ram?

Many thanks..
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote