View Single Post
Old 2007-09-30, 13:20   Link #23
Echoes

I have had an enormously good time watching Claymore. Of all the series I have been following, this has been the one I always anticipated the most, I couldn't wait for the new release. I always watched in awe as the plot and battle unfolded, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The plot was very engaging, almost too good, since they didn't have time to explore it all. The characters were very well designed and they managed to introduce a good amount of different ones without the series becoming chaotic. I don't think I've ever seen this many interesting characters in one anime. Strength in numbers, certainly. Mirria, Helen, Jeane, Clare, Teresa, Flora, Riful, Easley, Ophelia, Galatea, Irene, Undine, I adored them all. I might even have left someone out.

I was especially fond of the Teresa and Ophelia arcs, those were some of finest works I've seen in a while, and also some of the most interesting characters.

The only thing that I found to be a little flawed was the ending, as many others have pointed out before me. The Priscilla fighting sequence at the volcano just seemed a little too shounen, but the last half of episode 26 gave a very nice, open ending that I thought contrasted the flawed first half. I really, really hope there'll be more Claymore animated in the future, but if not, I'll be sure to read the manga, which I've already begun picking up a few volumes of. Not that easy to get a hold of around these parts, though.

I was always highly entertained when I watched Claymore, it was the show of the season for me and I'm so glad I didn't miss out on it. All in all I think I'll rate it a 9.5, and give it a 9 rating here. A strong 9, and one of the animes I don't think I'll ever forget.