View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 20:30   Link #83
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If your nest-egg is a six-figure sum with a digit of 2 or more at the front, have you ever thought of doing something that is FUN for you? Something you would do everyday regardless of the cost?

Chuck half of it in diversified investments to earn a self-sustainable income, and set up a business doing something that you like. There are SpecOps operators who liked their line as much as personal freedom that they become security advisors for EP details, sailors who saw the messy world for years and desired peace that they built buddhist shrines for themselves in another part of the world, property agents who got tired of running around that they are planning to open a dessert stand at a hawker centre........the list goes on.

And I met all these people while working in the various places, even though as part time, these old men's grandfather stories are actually worth listening to. Being a freelancer, despite the cons of having a lousy volatile income, isn't that bad after all.
Haha, I have met a lot of these people too! I have thought about starting my own business on multiple occasions, and I do have ideas, but it seems like most of my talents lie in Critical Analysis, Ops and Risk Management. It's also much harder to run your own business than you think .. When you run a small business.. all your customers are your "boss"

I also have terrible luck. This may sound funny coming from someone such as myself who has "made it" by working hard and (arguably) being somewhat smart. But let me tell you, from experience, it's better to be lucky than to be good.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote