View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 12:22   Link #2893
Kudryavka

It's bad enough for paparazzi to get paid to intrude on the personal lives and privacy of stars. But for people to judge others for having relationships??

I don't care how famous they are, humans need their privacy, and others need to respect that. Unless they have Kardashian or Honey Boo Boo levels of "I'm fine selling out my entire life as long as I get PAID!", in which case, that's what they want. >_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
California has very stringent labor laws that require the studios to have tutors on set for children acting in films with a minimum number of hours devoted to education each work day (four I think, but I haven't looked lately). Does Japan have similar laws that require schooling for girls performing in groups like AKB48? There's no mention of the girls in AKB0048, one of whom is ten, going to classes or being tutored, but obviously that's not a good indicator of the actual state of labor laws governing young performers in Japan.

In Shion no Ou 13-yo Shion announced that she was not intending to go to high school in order to pursue her career as professional Shougi player. Some of her friends were surprised, but no one seemed to think that she might be better off finishing school first.
Well that's kinda different, because in Japan high school is not mandatory, so you don't have to go if you really don't want to.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote