View Single Post
Old 2010-12-15, 16:44   Link #94
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
0utf0xZer0 is pretty up-to-speed on moe and tsundere, I think he knows that. He was noting that the 'moe' description in tvtropes is, politely, a mess and misleading. It is unfortunate the 'tsundere' descriptions invoking 'moe' link to it.

And yeah, I don't dispute the 'tsundere' entry isn't a good read for anyone before they start throwing terms around or wonder what "type a" means. I just see people sometimes quoting it as some unassailable source when it sometimes is as bad as the "Urban Dictionary" in missing the mark. I put a "credibility value" on all information... some sites rank better than others. It isn't unusual to encounter people who put '100%' on all sites la la la

(and yes, XKCD is full of win and has high credibility value )
I posted it because it seem some people earlier in the thread was wonder what it meant, and everyone seem to have a somewhat different definition for the term.

Figured it would be better to nail it down to one (general) definition.

Variations can be taken care of by "types" or just qualifying it, or are already out right forked out to a separate term (which is probably hiding somewhere on TVtropes LOL).

Discussions sometimes starting going in circles when one person is speaking about apples and the other oranges, and both don't realise it.