Thread: Licensed Goblin Slayer [Light Novel]
View Single Post
Old 2018-06-02, 21:02   Link #903
Wheeljack83

I've recalled other Japanese authors and artists in the past have not wanted to appear on camera, such as Masamune Shirow, in interviews.

Like I think there's a DVD special feature that has an interview of Masamune Shirow about Ghost in the Shell, and he appears as like an animated character answering the questions.

These guys might also be a little camera shy and shy about showing their faces on camera.

Now Shinichi Watanabe, he basically is Nabeshin and goes to all his convention appearances as Nabeshin. The dude is a hoot. Seeing Nabeshin at Anime Expo was one of my favorite experiences ever. He understands a little bit of English and will make jokes in English. Like a fan didn't understand about getting his shows on DVD, and he was like, "DO YOU KNOW DVD?!" in English. It doesn't sound as funny as it was but you had to be there.

Kagyu does seem to be a prodigy in many ways. His storytelling is topnotch IMO, and he seems to do a great job at getting his scripts done in a timely manner.

Now that he's working on the anime, I hope he doesn't get burnt out. I am blown over by the quality of his work and now we got two spin-offs. OK, I mean I get the side story one is basically just adapting the stories from Volume 4, but still.

And yeah, the manga artists also do a great job of interpreting his work. I had chills when I read Goblin Slayer on the brink of death and rallying back against that horde in that crypt. And then seeing it in manga form gave me a different kind of chill. Like I thought that scene in the light novel was epic. To put it plainly, I don't think American writers can write scenes that good sometimes for TV show and a major Hollywood blockbuster.

If that scene ever gets animated, if the right team does it, holy crap, it could be one of the greatest scenes ever.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote