View Single Post
Old 2009-08-08, 08:08   Link #182
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
To be fair, Jail did have some impressive combat capabilities himself, remember?

As for the whole "Jail is programmed" argument, well maybe, but in that case you can't really punish anyone, since everyone's actions can be expressed as being ruled by his "programming" (a mix of nature genetics and nurture environment) and by the time he actually commits his crime he is arguably already "programmed" to do so.
Genuinely nice try, but I disagree. Normal human genetics being passed down through typical procreation never gives someone "unlimited desire". Something that extreme has to be artificially programmed into a person's genes, and greatly undermines their ability to self-restrain themselves. It's like a person being born alcoholic due to their mother drinking heavily while she carries the child to term - under these unique and extreme circumstances, it's not really fair, in my mind, to hold a person entirely responsible for their actions.

However, if they can't somehow fix Jail's programming, I can understand why he's not allowed to go free.