View Single Post
Old 2009-09-11, 12:48   Link #45
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain View Post
She is intent upon adventure, so I think there will be satisfaction regardless of the outcome for her (and that she has truly considered the outcomes, other than the one where she gets captured and cannot escape). If her actual goal in complying with this scheme is to attempt to further their relationship, consequences and risks be damned, is she making the wrong choice?
Don't you think that's a little too selfish? Lawrence already practically gave up his life for her twice, and that was before he figured out he loved her. I'm pretty sure she knows he'll throw his life away for her (financially or physically), so why put him into any situation where that possibility is anything but remote? Does she love him or is he just a science experiment to her?

She can't be doing this just to help him (unless she's gone nuts). He's given her no reason to think that he's in a rush to open a store, nor in any rush to strike it rich. Every time she gives him such an opportunity, he gets greedy and into serious trouble. So why stop him now when he's finally learned that lesson? There are plenty of other romantic adventures they could undertake, and they've got plenty of time left with which to explore their feelings without rushing into danger.

I doubt she just wants sex, but if she does then her methods are clearly not working. He isn't going to take advantage of her while she's drunk, and he's clearly not buying the sweet little princess "I'm scared" routine. Yet, it seems like he's purposely avoiding her at night so he doesn't jump her bones. So why not do what she did in the second season, and jump into his bed and declare her intent? Is she scared of being that honest, or scared that he'll reject her (at which point why be so cruel to him in the first place?)

Besides, it's unfair for her to expect him to get intimate with her until she's willing to commit. It'll already be hard for them to say goodbye to one another, and if they take their relationship to the next level it'll be that much harder (not to mention a whole host of other complications that could arise). He isn't a man of steel, and she knows it. He's known bitter loneliness as well, so she should know he is trying to avoid as much pain as possible.

Ultimately, she's also sending Lawrence very mixed signals. First she wants him to trust her, and to involve her in things like a partner. So he does (the whole point of the Amati affair). Now she tells him to forget about all of that and just be his old self. She also genuinely asks him not to get involved in dangerous schemes anymore, and now she practically forces him into one. What the heck would you think if you were in Lawrence's shoes?

Finally, if she's trying to make him be the one to take their relationship to the next level, why not just wait? Surely she should see that he's already dangerously close to it. He keeps peeling back his mask, and getting closer and closer to her lately. If that's not going quickly enough, why doesn't she get involved and peel away some of her own mask?

In short, she's no longer acting like a "wise wolf" in my eyes. She's acting like a confused teenager in love that doesn't know what to do, but is pretending everything will be alright. And I can accept that, it's time she felt some desperation as well. She can't shoulder everything on her own. But then why not let Lawrence make the decision for a change? He clearly didn't want to do it.