View Single Post
Old 2014-12-21, 23:05   Link #484
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
First four pages of the finale are now wrote. I hope to have the full finale wrote by tomorrow night!

Now to address some recent reviews/replies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Hey, Triple R. I'm here like I promised in the last PM. It took some doing but now I can finally get to this review. Forgive me for cutting on the formalities, but I have to say: I'm not confident in my review.
Kirito manages to write impressively thorough comprehensive reviews even while lacking confidence... you certainly live up to your handle.

I'll give you one reply per chapter. I think that's fair.

Quote:
The Sayaka and Mami duo never ceases to amaze me on how well they compliment each other... kind of like in the buddy cop genre (which I like). Mami the levelheaded beauty and Sayaka the hot blooded do or die cocky daredevil.
Now I want to see Puella Magi: Women in Black.

Quote:
It's great to see Kyoko and Nagisa make their appearance. Now all we need is Madoka and Homura and the set is complete. Anyways... It's nice to see how in this scene how attached Nagisa is to Mami. Almost willing to put the plan at risk to help. I pretty much approve of the Nagisa x Mami pairing to be honest. Finally Mami is no longer a fifth wheel...
What I like most about this pairing is that the perfect name for it is also the name of my favorite dessert - cheesecake.

Quote:
If Akuma Kinomoto is the herald of Homura, does that make me the herald of Mami Tomoe? I would lovely take that role for my lovely busty bodacious blonde bombshell.
Since you passed the Triple_R test for amazingly adroit alliteration, you will get your wish. You are now the herald of Mami Tomoe! Now for your first job as her herald - Defeat Tatsuya Dark! Good luck...

Quote:
Interesting way for the chapter to begin. Akuma Kinomoto and Jinnai going at it DBZ style. I really liked how fearful and clear on how Akuma Kinomoto's fighting style is. It was powerful, frightening, and direct to the point. As expected of the herald of Homura Akemi.
I'm really glad that came across well for you. Kogetsu Shirogane told me that our Akuma Kinomoto character image made him think of a vampire Magneto... so he should be very badass! And also very sparkly, of course, perhaps due to metal bits all around him.

Quote:
It's great that the concern got into full swing. It's nice to see Kirito, Kona, and Hooves get into it. I really liked how you incorporated Clear Sky into the mix was great because Karen is growing on me.
Clear Sky is a great song. I really enjoyed listening to it while deciding on which ClariS song to use. I also went with this song since I wanted one that Karen sung, and also since this song name segways well into my planned Chapter 7 cliffhanger ending.

Quote:
This chapter was beyond the limit of wth and my sides splitting by the awkwardness this chapter provided. It was great that Hooves, Kona, Kirito had prominence compared to the past chapters. Even with the 3 of them it wasn't enough to hold the Crimson Denizen's away. Shirogane... you traitor. I have to say it was interesting to see Madoka and Nanoha and Hulk Hogan's limitless group pleasing synergy go well in hand together. The reason I saw this is because of Post New World Madoka being patriot in quoting famous line from GW, and Hulk Hogan...begin Hulk Hogan. I think it was those parts that threw me in a frenzy of laughs and wtfs. But good approach on that since I was not expecting this as all.
Big kudos to Kogetsu Shirogane and Konakaga for convincing me to go with my wild Team America idea (Kogetsu and Konakaga have basically been my proofreaders for this fanfic).

Quote:
I got to say. The inclusion of Ulith and Kyubey conspiring together was really cool to read. I mean, I can see the potential this bring to this fanfic. Ulith purely lives for anguish and despair and would anything to bring about it. I wonder how her deal with Sayaka is and why she calls her "mother". I personally think Monokuma and Ulith would be the best of friends.
Good idea!

Quote:

It was cool for Kirito to get the hit in so that good old Hulk could get the Leg Drop of Death ready. With the help of the voices of Muse to power up his sleigh. Idol Power is scary as it is addicting.
I'm glad you approved of your main role in Chapter 8.

Quote:
It didn't help matters that Alice was being threatened and held by Shirogane for 3 months in Wonderland and at gunpoint.
"Alice in Wonderland" was just too good an idea to pass up on.

Mind you, your own "The Grinch That Stole Alice" was really clever.

Quote:
I sort of didn't like the fact that Kyoko and Nagisa didn't really contribute much in the beginning. It's understandable they had roles to play, but I think they should been a bit more proactive during their scenes.

I was conflicted about the part with Mami. I don't know how to put it, but I wish she got a bit more action. I hope in the final chapter she can contribute in some way.
I felt that the Madoka focus was maybe a bit too heavy if the entire main cast was involved a lot in every chapter, so I decided to have most of them "take turns" in the spotlight so that other anime shows/characters could shine as well.

That being said, I'll keep your Mami suggestions in mind. Thanks a lot for the 9.8/10 rating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yeah, that probably fits the situation even better than the Darth Vader no, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
My sides XD

Although I'm certain we got to see most of Aki-Lucky's fights in their entirety.
Well, both of her BATTORUs against Iona were not featured in their entirety, IIRC. In any event, it's mostly a joke over how Aki-Lucky was used in Selector-Spread WIXOSS in general.

Quote:
Long chapter is long, but it was quite a while since the last one so.
The finale will probably be even longer, so prepare yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post

The gary stu showdown. It just had to happen.
Agreed. Real dream fight there! I hope I can do it some measure of justice, anyway.

Quote:
I guess Noel's saucer is still playing Independence Day over the White House?
That's why 4/5ths of Team America were recalled to Washington, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Edit: You know what would have made the KyoAni leads fighting about glasses even better? Chitanda getting agitated and trying to convince Oreki to do something about it with hand gestures (see the beginning of Hyouka episode 6 for reference).
That would have been perfect, yeah. Maybe I'll add that in to a revised version of this fanfic for next year's Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Anyway, it also seems Homura managed to escape somehow. Nice little expository banter from Jinnai. Especially the fact someone looking that much like the Joker would be making card comparisons.
It's certainly more ironic than a certain Alanis Morissette song.

Quote:
... and Nico's axe?
Nico's not that short...
I almost made that joke. I just couldn't picture Nico with a beard and an axe. I doubt her photoshop skills are up to the task of editing a picture of herself to look like a certain dwarf.