View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 08:34   Link #66
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I don't know. SElling the Elerium back? It still seems like a bad idea...especially when you consider how you can only get the stuff through raiding, and how much other schwag is in a UFO.

Even if you discount the Elerium from the supply ship (750k), the sell worth of a Supply ship still ranges from 4-6 million. When you're getting that much I'm not sure it's worth to sell the Elerium.
The issue is that you will eventually run out of room in your bases. Unless you go mad and burn elerium by having all your ships do laps around Earth, elerium supply ship piracy can seriously flood your stores. I haven't even done the base trick and only played normally, and yet I still have 50% of all my warehouses filled with elerium.

The thing is, once you are used to conserve elerium you never get used to spending it. I am still unwilling to use elerium to make ammunition, for example. And I still use Earth vehicles for most missions to save fuel. I just don't feel comfortable changing the habit that I gained in the initial stages of the gameplay.