View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 02:47   Link #337
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
Uh, given that he's been fighting using swords for like 2 years straight in SAO, I actually think that Kirito did exceptionally POOR against Suguha because one, he doesn't follow Kendo rules. Two, the techniques he's learned in SAO is used to kill. Three, well, he's practically trained in the virtual world day and night in sword fighting, even if some of them are non-applicable in real life.
Gonna have to disagree with you there.

1. Not sure how the kendo rule bits apply, it's not as if Kirito started throwing grenades and going in wrestling UFC style. They're still sparring with bamboo swords ya know?

2. read above.

3. It's one thing to do mental training, which is what ultimately all the fighting in SAO boils down to.

It does not, however, train your actual body. The precision of movement, power, speed of your actual muscles is something that needs to be trained and built up, there's no shortcut around that one.

In short, even if you know how to do something, it doesn't mean much if your body isn't capable of carrying it out.

Quote:
Suguha's Kendo training would've confined her to hitting the head, side and chest (I think?) area only, and Suguha WON. That is kind of... upsetting.
head, wrist, throat, and body.

Quote:
There's one thing that I find weird, and that's Suguha's surprise at how good Kirito is at swordfighting. I mean, c'mon, he's trapped in a virtual world called Sword Arts Online, why would you ever be surprised that he's giving you one helluva sword challenge? She should've been surprised that he didn't faceroll her instead!
Not really. To put things into perspective, let's assume that someone got stuck in a virtual world called Gun Arts Online for two years, now who do you think would better in a shoot out, the dude that was trapped, or say a Marine sniper?

I know who I'd pick
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote