View Single Post
Old 2011-03-24, 12:30   Link #15
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Your daughter is lucky, Seiji, because I don't know any girl that age that has tastes anywhere near that and definitely no boy. I'm basing it off my own personal experiences, Seiji. In my neck of the woods, they're either yaoi fangirls, Shounen Jump fangirls or shoujo fans. I generally don't see them branch out into more vaired tastes until they're adults. As for males, I generally don't see them develop broader tastes until they're nearing 25.

Individual tastes and how one reacts to a series when they watch it alone is one thing. But in a collective group, peer pressure and anger will be prevalent. You have to be diplomatic and strategic as to what you offer. If you're not pleasing the majority, you'll be overthrown. Trust me, because I cater to a group of 30+ people myself. And it varies from fulfilling to utterly thankless. A fair proportion of people will vocally disagree with you and think they can do it better. My motto has always been to cater to a variety of tastes but you'd be surprised how many people will shoot you down for doing that, even if more people will shoot you down if you don't.

For what it's worth, I also thought of Someday's Dreamers. Except I wonder of people of that age would be able to comprehend it. Plus there's the shirtless scene...I'm not sure if people would react to it well. Yes, it's a harmless scene, but any random person can have a misinterpretation that balloons into a fiasco.