View Single Post
Old 2010-11-09, 20:36   Link #8
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
I'm honestly worried, here. I came to love Shinkai due to the theme of his movies. He was a master at directing those touching love stories. And then out of the blue comes something which reminds me a bit too much of the stuff Ghibli has been pulling off for years and years. And masterfully, too.

I'm afraid that, once I finally get to watch this, I'll be unable to watch it without drawing parallels left and right with Miyazaki's stuff, in case they do end up being similar. I don't quite believe Shinkai will be able to make something better, which is basically what's bothering me.

Of course, this is all speculation, seeing as we can hardly claim the movie will be <a very Miyazaki-ish story> from a 30(?) seconds teaser. But I can't deny that I was expecting something very different, more along the lines of what Shinkai's been doing for the last past years.

Oh well! Hopefully I'll be surprised. And at least Tenmon's piano's sounding as good as ever.

Agreed. I'm also somewhat worried that the trailer makes it look somewhat Ghibli-like. That's going into somewhat dangerous territory there. It does however, have the Shinkai/Tenmon touch with the masterful, melachonly music and dramatic atmosphere and visually appealing background art.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote