View Single Post
Old 2011-03-05, 13:23   Link #346
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Had a strangely normal dream (for me) last night. I seem to have the most in-depth dreams when I haven't been getting enough sleep.

One of the larger towns around where I live in real life apparently relocated to a giant aircraft carrier after a massive global flood. Schools, businesses, factories, every was there. There was a machine shop that I remembered I used to work at, recycling scrap parts from cars and planes.

I remembered that I had essentially been run off the job by the other employees who had been angry because I was much better at getting work done than they were, and so I got paid more, even though they had worked there longer. The old man who ran the shop, Everette, I think his name was, had kept them in line for a long time, but then he got sick, and so some punk with a hook-hand who was working for him took over the shop, and had me thrown out.

This all happened 10 months ago, and I was thinking about it while looking for the shop, hoping that Everette would be back at work, and I could get my old job back. It took me a while to find the place, since I hadn't been down at that end of the carrier in a long time. I finally found it when I saw a car pull out of the shop that had gone in for maintenance.

I walked in, and that same jerk with the hook-hand was still in charge, and apparently Everette was still sick with a lung condition from the metal filings and carbon dust that hung in the air around the shop (don't know why I suddenly knew that, but I knew that's what it was). Hook-hand's sidekick was there, too; he was a short, cocky little jerk who hung around with people he thought he could mooch off of. Hook-hand walked up to me and told me that I must be drunk, or on drugs to come back there, because he had told me that if I ever came back, he'd kill me. I said I wasn't, and that I came back because I realized I owed him something.

I stuck my thumb in his eye, squashed it, pulled it out, and threw it across the room. While he was holding his eye, I punched him. Then I grabbed him by the head, beat his head against a wall half a dozen times until his face was all pulpy, and then smashed his head open on the corner of a nearby steel workbench. Then I told his sidekick that I wouldn't kill him, since he was just a pathetic little leech, and wasn't even worth my time to notice. He ran off, and I was pretty sure I'd never see him again.

Not sure if that got me my job back, but some of the other workers showed up just then, and seemed more or less happy about finding Hook-hand dead, so it didn't exactly make me unpopular. I think they were just going to throw his body in the ocean and not mention it to anyone, but I woke up.

Then I had a completely different dream where I was Spongebob, and I was fighting demonic pirates at sea with light-saber cutlasses. That one made less sense.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote