View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 17:48   Link #56
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Cure? More like the repressive tactics of a totalitarian regime. Bend to my will or I will beat you until you do. There was no urgent need for him to force her at that moment, but his self-interest got the better of him. Instead of having a quiet, peaceful, private discussion, he attacks her. This is the girl he loves? Rikka oughta dump him ASAP.
You jump to so many conclusions, wrong conclusions, I don't even know where to begin. So let's recap what happened in this episode;
1. Yuuta and Rikka confess their love for each other. If you've been following this show, you'll probably understand that the whole chuunibyou thing is nothing more than a plot device to bring these two together. Chuunibyou is the easel, but Yuuta and Rikka's relationship is the paint.
2. Touka's leaving and she asks Yuuta to help convince Rikka to move on (from her father's death and chuunibyou as a result) so as to be able to get close to her mother, who is returning.
3. Yuuta says something to Rikka. We don't see it.
4. Rikka decides to give the "normal world" a try.
5. Yuuta looks shocked/concerned at this.

Where in this do you see Yuuta being a jerk to Rikka? After everything we've seen, isn't it an awful lot more likely that he wants her to be happy and not lonely (as per episode 5)? I'd be very surprised if, given his reaction at the end, he isn't just a little disheartened at her moving on either. Next episode will confirm it for sure.

------

Regardless, this was a great episode. The confession scene is one of the most beautiful and outright adorable I've seen in anime. Can't wait for more