View Single Post
Old 2008-12-01, 11:09   Link #72
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think Touma's power is channeled through his right hand, not that it exists in his right hand.
No, it's specifically stated (maybe not in the anime outloud) that it's just his hand. Anything besides that is vulnerable, thus his "weakness".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
I still don't get it though, how those blades never hit him. Is it that Izzard "think" that his imagine breaker was still there after the guy laughed like a maniac after loosing his arm?..
The blades didn't hit him because that wimp alchemist got it in his head that he couldn't hit him, so no matter what he thought up, that little thought that "I can't hit him" caused everything to miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
I was under the impression that his thoughts would only become reality if he really did believe it. Meaning he couldn't save Index because he didn't really believed he could in as much as he couldn't produce a vampire because he didn't really believed they exist. Or so that's the only way it makes a bit of sense for me
That's right. In the end, it's all because he didn't really believe he could do those things... According to the definition of his power, which he spent years to perfect and blah blah blah *insert pages long of stupid description*, if he thinks it, it will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
And for the love of God, why is it that everyone is trying to save Index?

Will every villain we'll encounter involve someone trying to save Index?
The million dollar question.

The novel would have sucked if that was the case, wouldn't it?

[QUOTE=Chaos2Frozen;2083462]You know, I've just thought of something...

We were under the assumption that he always had Ars Magna, but could it be that the power of Ars Magna was only a recent thing for him?

That 3 years ago, he didn't have Ars Magna, so he couldn't have saved her?/QUOTE]

He didn't always have it. He had to work hard and gain it, if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
EDIT:

LOLOLOLOL! Hahaha! I've just realized something even simpler

Index NEVER had any memory problems, it was all the cover-up by the Church, so even if Izzard did pull that trick with Ars Magna on Index, it would have solved NOTHING because he was trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place!
Depends on what he thinks. If he wants Index's memories to become normal or something along the lines of reverting to a normal human's memory, he could erase her photographic memory or the Pen.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote