View Single Post
Old 2009-03-06, 00:29   Link #98
roan

Nah, it's not even about that. Some of this excessive romantic outlook might have been skewed due to CoalGuy's translation of "Watashi mo irete yo" into "Give me another chance", instead of "Put me in too".

Edit: After thinking about it a little more, she might have really been saying that she wanted to play house too.

Ami, in retrospect, isn't really that complicated. Misleading maybe, but that's about it.

See, I'm viewing this scene over here as being miscommunication between Ami and Minori. The way how Minori is acting desperate here really, really, looks like she's trying to make excuses to Ami as if Ami's the big adult.

And Ami, here, is fed up because she isn't. From a viewer point of view and not as a reader, Ami's irritation is how Minori is thinking too much about her egocentric (substitute with a lighter word since I can't think of anything else at the moment) view of the world and not actually looking around at the reality; which would be that Ami isn't the last best hope for humanity and.....other stuff that would be serious spoilers.

Minori's metaphors really only apply to herself and expecting other people to understand them is kinda....whaaat? How is Ami supposed to understand that? And why does she have to put up with listening to indirect excuses from this girl in her safe zone?

In any case, to see how Minori views and continues to view her Ami, watch episode 15 again.

Last edited by roan; 2009-03-06 at 02:24.