View Single Post
Old 2010-08-04, 13:25   Link #66
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Whitebeard blocked Akainu's magma attack by punchcing the air with his earthquake ability.
You are right, I miss looked that one. ^I thought he blocked with a punch...

Quote:
Blackbeard has the darkness logia, which can negate ANY DF ability. Seeing as he wasn't too afraid to take on Sengoku & Garp at the same time back on Marineford, i very much doubt that is the reason.
That Blackbeard was exhilarated by his new powers though, and very eager to try them out. The fight also happened off-screen, so we don't know whether Blackbeard fought the tag team alone or with the back up of his crew.

Quote:
Blackbeard would be the only 1 capable of taking him on. Unlike Ace, though he put up a decent fight, Akainu is vastly more experienced and his Logia is would probably be amongst the Top tier logias..so it'd be a great fight.
Personally, I don't think Blackbeard is ready to tackle any of the Admirals (or the Yonkous) just yet mano-mano (though he will become stronger than them all eventually ).

Blackbeard have the ability to completely negate Devil Fruits of anyone he touches, but we have seen in previous fights that Blackbeard (like Whitebeard^) isn't very good at dodging. When he fought Ace, Blackbeard took several hits and the same thing happened when he fought Luffy, Magellan and finally Whitebeard. If he were to fight Akainu, he would inevitable be hit by the terrible magma fist (if Ace managed to score several hits on Blackbeard with fire lances and what not, then Akainu certainly will) and we've seen the damage Akainu inflict...
Consequently, I think Blackbeard thought the risks wasn't worth the gain so turned tail instead of trying to put down the Red Dog.