View Single Post
Old 2011-04-30, 17:33   Link #36
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I am a feminist GIRL, thank you. And I bloody know what I'm talking about. >=p What do you possibly go by to determine posters' sexes, is what I'D like to know....
Your custom title/avatar/signature combo strongly supports my theory that you are male. While female anime watchers generally have just as terrible tastes as male ones do, they do not tend to like sexualizations of underaged girls (lolis). I remain unconvinced that you are actually female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisiel View Post
I'm a woman. And have you seen Saiunkoku Monogatari? While it isn't the most feminist story, it isn't anti-feminist either. Just like how VB Rose and 1/2 Prince aren't anti-feminist. They just kind of hovers between, sometimes being feminist, sometimes not, and sometimes they are trapped by the setting.

Oh, and Shuurei does much, much more than take care of herself. Unless kicking the emperor back into shape and uncovering corruption in the government AND becoming the first ever female governor are just about taking care of herself. She has ambitions, and she does everything she can to fulfil them while living in a explicitly sexist society.
I have only actually watched the first few episodes of the anime; I read a summary of the rest. The first few episodes gave off a very strong impression that Shuurei's character is about taking care of male characters, either through plain old housework or through other ways. She seemed to me to be defined (in the first few episodes) by the male characters she interacted with, not by her own merits. But maybe that changes later on, the summary wasn't very explicit so I'm quite possibly wrong.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote