View Single Post
Old 2004-04-29, 13:13   Link #127
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamatari honjo
i need to add .Hack list of anime. i dont see a lot of people mention it i guess i am one of the few that hated it.
I think the audience of .hack//SIGN was really more of a niche audience. Being someone who has played a lot of online RPGs, the .hack series (with the exception of LIMINALITY) really interested me. It was an anime that was almost a duplicate of how I spent most of my time. The characters were so much like the group of roleplayers that I would hang out with.

.hack//SIGN was really, in my opinion, one of those anime series that you can't truly understand until you've actually experienced online RPGs. The series was a simulation of what people do in the games. Even Sora was a perfect example of a d00d in an online RPG. It was all so real to me, it all made sense. However, like I said before, the target audience of .hack//SIGN was a niche group, a group of people that have experienced online RPG worlds that are able to relate to the characters.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion of the show, I'm just expressing my opinion on it.