Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-07, 16:46   Link #21820
sneaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
It's funny how you insult the Irish right before praising them a few sentences afterwards.
All PIIGS blaming others != All PIIGS
Very big difference.

Quote:
I would personally say the same to you that you said to us folks on the periphery of the European Union but I'm more interested in seeing my country and the rest of Europe get back on track so that Germany and France can keep exporting your wares to us like you do now!
Germany's export to Greece is a mere 5 Billion Euro annually. If you subtract the EU subventions from the profits of the German industry there won't be much left. That's nothing compared to its >1 Trillion total exports, definitely not worth guaranteeing hundreds of Billions of Euro with little chance of getting them back (the reason you guys have to pay so much interests.)

Quote:
Don't forget that one of the reasons that France and Germany are doing so well on their deficits is that you paid good money through the EEC/EU to basically destroy the agriculture and other industries of the countries you now impose harsh austerity measures on as a way to keep us alive just well enough that we could keep buying French potatoes and German cars!
Wait, what?
Germany subsidizing other countries' agriculture with German taxpayer money is to destroy their agriculture? And destroyed agriculture means they buy more German cars?

Quote:
In the meanwhile we're working for 600€ a month (if we even get a job) trying to make a living in this god forsaken Europe that the previous generation left for us! Are we to blame for being stupid to the point of allowing the French and Germans to buy us out during the last 20 years? Yes, we clearly are at fault for that. Are you guys as well? Yes! Are you personally responsible? Just as much as I am.
True dat. That's why I'm more angry at my representatives than other countries' representatives.

Quote:
And the bloody ratings agencies keep doing a fantastic job of creating self-fulfilling prophecies because the so called "Mercozy" duo made sure that the ECB was unable to use anything to shield the eurozone because their respective countries weren't the ones being attacked!
Sorry, but this is not true. Germany has no power in the ECB. And the ECB is doing lots of bonds bying to save the PIIGS. Germany didn't want that, but the PIIGS and France have the power in the ECB. It is no coincidence that an Italian got made president.
This is all while the Euro/ECB statues explicitly forbid such measures. Maastricht clearly ruled that no Euro country shall ever bail out another.