View Single Post
Old 2015-03-14, 11:45   Link #1085
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Well it kinda makes sense now that Goku doesn't want to fight Vegeta yet in the ending of DBZ he exclaims he needs more training and gone with Uub to train. Also in the ending of the DBZ saga kid Trunks looks more like F.Trunks in body, unlike in GT which he gone thinner like Gohan and Goten.

Yes GT happened and Toriyama let it happen....
It happened, but it is clearly not in this same timeline, canon, reality, interpretation, or whatever you want to call it. We've been told this several times. I mean, you're just comparing character designs, so I'm not sure why you included that last line, which felt like you're saying GT must be canon because Toriyama let it. But it's really strange to me to cling to the notion that it's canon when we've been told it isn't anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Saiyan Saga Vegeta? Hah! Tournament Saga Muten Roshi was strong enough to blow up the moon. I don't really think there's that much of a difference in the wow-factor of "He just blew up the moon in one shot!" and "He just blew up a planet in one shot!"
Yup, and Tien and Goku surpassed him in the next tournament. I bet King Piccolo was at least planet-destroying level if Roshi was moon-destroying level. I think end DBZ level strength, even for the weaker characters like Piccolo, or maybe even Tien, is probably solar system-destroying, if they charged the ki blast long enough. Given the numerical difference in power levels, end DBZ ki blasts should be galaxy destroying, but there's a reason Toriyama abandoned power levels, they made no sense.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote