View Single Post
Old 2012-04-09, 16:38   Link #233
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I initially thought the first episode was pretty poor but began to enjoy it as it went along.

Unlike a few posters here, I actually didn't put much stock in the trailer and suspected that this was probably going to be yet another also-run light novel based harem (didn't realize it was manga based LOL) with little going for it. And the first few minutes, I felt like my suspicions were being confirmed.

But then they replayed the first few scenes with Yuuko present, and something happened:
-I began to view the episode as something in the vein of Haruhi episode 00: a comedic concept episode before they get down to the "meat" of the story in subsequent weeks. Which gave me a lot more faith that the project might be good.
-Second, Yuuko herself brought several things to the story. First, she plays very well off Momoe. Part of my issue with the early scenes is that Momoe just can't carry a scene for me on her own, Yuuko's presence fixed that. Second, there's a certain intimacy to that elevator scene that makes me really pumped for a supernatural romance between Teiichi and Yuuko. I like the idea of a ghost girl as a romantic interest but previous series I've seen that have one haven't really done it for me - fingers crossed this series does it right.

I'd have to say I'm actually kind of optomistic about the show's potential at this point.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote