View Single Post
Old 2016-10-06, 21:17   Link #87
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTerror View Post
As do I. Also how I felt with Ranka at the end of Sayonara no Tsubasa. What I liked about that movie is that despite seeing my girl get her heart broken, she got the final words. I think Mirage should have gotten that as well.
My bitterness for Ranka is because of the TV resolution; not because it's "open-ended" for resolution; it's because Ranka basically signs herself off in episode 21 because of her choice in her overall plot. Basically, I disliked how she's forced to sign off her role in the love triangle and feelings for Alto in favor of the bigger picture and because it's half about her feelings for Alto, fans disregard her actions, so it's kind of aggravating. Plus, once she's home, Alto and Sheryl are basically an item so it's like "love triangle, really?" because she's gone for like 4 episodes of screen time.

Mirage has an advantage in her corner because she's always around for all 26 episodes and is consistent in her supporting of Hayate in general which helped her in this area. How she loses the triangle is chopped up to "he's been into Freyja since day one because she inspired him, changed his life, and blah blah is basically his destiny."

All I like as irony on Mirage's side is how she foreshadows this because she brings up her grandparents in episode 3 and compares Freyja's relationship with Hayate to them.

And Mirage basically did say her piece: When Hayate thanks her in battle, Mirage basically says "save it for later." So she's resolved her feelings for him and is okay moving on. As for if he downright rejected her, I'll save my consideration on it for the Blu-ray release because it's likely we'll receive longer scenes for areas of the final episode.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote