Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-20, 12:41   Link #8221
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Idra knows enough about the game that if he really gives a shit he can probably still do well. Knowledge however is often a double edged sword (as you can also misread your opponent). Proper scouting is still a very important aspect which I believe idra have been (surprisingly) letting go of: remember his trademark pincer overlord scouts from two ends?

I think he would also benefit by employing a larger variety of builds against his opponents. This is all moot now as he even forfeited his spot in WCS.

He is another lucky one who rode on his fame from broodwar (as the only B team foreigner with a progaming license in Korea) and success in early days SC2. That two combined gave him a contract from EG which is worth a lot more than his skill value.

At the same time Idra has his foot in this pit far deeper than many others: he was there in Korea for a while. I question whether or not he retained enough knowledge from high school to be accepted into post secondary study. I suppose he can try to get a connection to be the apprentice of a decent chef or a degree in media.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote