View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 06:29   Link #162
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Before I reply, I should say I haven't played the game, but some of the replies I've read on the Episode 17 thread prompted me to check this thread out to see what differences there might be between the Haruka anime arc and the Haruka route in the game.

As an anime-only viewer, I have to say that I disagree with this pretty strongly. That was one hell of a cliffhanger, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It has me very eagerly anticipating the next LB! episode in a way that I haven't anticipated any other LB! episode. And that scene might be the most impacting scene I've seen in Little Busters yet. It was just such a WHAM! moment that shouted "You thought you had Kanata and the Haruka/Kanata sibling rivalry figured out? Well THINK AGAIN!"

I thought it was an awesome scene. That being said...

Well, two things here...

1) In retrospect, I took it as Kanata being shocked that Haruka had already baked some food for Riki. Kanata then asks Riki if he likes "her" to determine if Haruka has already established herself as Riki's girlfriend.

2) While watching that specific moment when the plate was dropped, I honestly was (for a couple seconds) expecting Haruka to go "So... you were lying to me before. You didn't really like the food I baked for you before did you? So how can I trust what you and the Little Busters said to me yesterday? How can I know that you're not just pitying me, huh?!" And then for Haruka to run off in tears with Riki flailing to try to explain himself.

That expectation took hold in my mind very quickly... which made the Kanata reveal feel even more like the ultimate curveball to me.
I'm really glad you liked it, Triple R. I agree in saying it holds a little more of a cold water shock than building up to it with many subtle hints.

And yes please don't venture far in this thread or you will find nasty unmarked spoilers! I know you know this, but I'm just saying, there are some very juicy bits the anime hasn't got to yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No, considering how Suzuki voiced that line, Kanata was shocked to learn that Haruka tried a chiffon cake before, which is the one thing that doesn't make sense at all.
With that premise, I cannot think of an explanation...