View Single Post
Old 2014-01-09, 23:10   Link #6
Dr. Casey

Riki's interesting, though moreso in the Visual Novel than the anime. He's a mature and incredibly decent guy.

Kyosuke earned more emotional investment from me than almost any other character (in the form of me hoping that he wasn't just some asshole that wanted to sever the Little Busters' ties of friendships when it wasn't really necessary), he's a very charming person and the epitome of the 'older brother' type, and the moment in episode 11 where he swirls around and reveals himself to be crying is one of the main highlights of the series for me.

Kengo's endlessly protective and doting nature was very endearing, and he's a complex and unique character in that he's anything but a stern hardass despite presenting that kind of image for the majority of the original series. His true self coming out later down the road as a diehard Little Busters patriot was nice.

Haruka is the only character besides Kanata that I really find romantically or sexually appealing, though I think she's an infinitely more intriguing and compelling character in the Visual Novel; the anime's version of the story arc was perfectly fine in its own right but of course slashed through a lot of material due to time constraints.

Kanata embodies a character development type that I always like (a harsh character becoming warmer and softer), and I completely intend to read her story arc in the VN one of these days. Characters that are deeply fucked up in the head are a kind I always love reading about.

The rest of the Little Busters gang is all great, and I almost feel guilty not voting for Masato for some reason , but I don't have quite as much of a soft spot for the other characters as I do these five.