View Single Post
Old 2007-05-08, 13:09   Link #91
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffenix Rising View Post
Is it really not within the realm of possibility that maybe, just maybe, Kona-chan can sing (*gasp*) if she really wants to?
I agree.

Btw, I believe there's a reason why she was shouting at the end of Cha-la Head-Cha-la. I don't think I can explain it well since I'm not a vocal teacher or anything, so people with the correct field of expertise correct me if I'm anywhere wrong.

The chorus part is actually out of her comfortable vocal range because it has too many high notes which she can't reach, this has to do with the key which the song was written in. To fit into her vocal range, the music has to be transposed to a different key, but that is impossible because this is karaoke and not a live band. She can choose to sing the chorus off-key but that will sound really weird. Instead, she chose to force the higher pitch by shouting the lyrics out.

Honestly, I never thought the song will sound like that untill I heard it. I think it wasn't that bad as she displayed the spirit of the song through all that shouting. Yeah it seems she managed to sing it thanks to the "ai" she puts into that song, but her vocals must have hurt after that. I can't imagine her singing the full song in the OST though.