Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-01, 00:47   Link #3380
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
GEnerally, I'm quite happy with this episode - it was a good ending, and highly entertaining, and I actually broke my policy of 480p only to download it in 720p, because I figured an awesome ep deserved to be in higher d. Or something.

I can't see anything different, which just proves that all this HD/SD/ultrahigh storage requirement encodes are a pointless waste of time and useless electronic dick waving. Not all of us have ultra high speed broadband. I was using 33.6kbps DIALUP until a few years ago.

That aside, I'm totally digging how Marika ran the battle; general objectives, coordination of everyone to allow concentration of force, and some handy tactical rock-paper-scissors. Reminds me of the old adage to never recycle plans; Quartz came in expecting to do the same thing with more gun, but got schooled by people who went after her weaknesses. It's a whole different ball game from ambushing solo pirates who have no idea what you can do, and going up against a fleet that's prepared to fight you and know what you're doing.

Also, really digging Marika's latex space suit. Yum. Surprisingly, I got a strong Zeon vibe from it, not GokaiRed. Also, the bicorne on top of the helmet was a nice touch.

Also, it appears that Marika's magnetism causes even Quartz to look her over.

I see no problems with Gonzaemon being Ironbeard, and it looks like the other two girls flanking Jenny at the end were from the old Yacht Club? Also, totally digging Jenny's uniform.

...given that Fairy Jane has apparently bought up Odette II from Hukouh, I am now quite worried for everyone around Jenny.

Great end to a wonderful series. Now that it's all compiled, time to watch it again.

Man, can't believe that six months of regularly following a series have come to an end...
Spoiler for Ep26:

Last edited by encia; 2012-07-02 at 02:20.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote