View Single Post
Old 2008-07-02, 15:14   Link #15
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
but there was this video a japanese(i think) guy uploaded to youtube, and it looked aloooooooooooooooooooooooooot longer then 30 minutes.. it seemed more like a 10 hours line #_#

anyway, I don't know..
i mean i'm not particularly waiting for any doujins XD
so on one hand i don't -really- have a reason to come early and raid the boothes,
on the other hand it kinda kills the point if i'm not planning to buy any doujins..
so i'm kinda split.
if this was a 2 days con then i would have had gone at noon during the first day, and then after i'd already have an idea of what(if at all) kind of doujins i want to but and then go early the next day..

but it seems i got it backwards the big con is first and the small con is second XDD

you mentioned limited edition merchandise from industry booths
should i expect any of those in one of the two cons mentioned here?
while i don't know whether or not i'll like doujins i'm pretty sure merchandise(and limited edition at that ) will be relevant to me at least in some way...

oh and one more thing,
assuming that i'm not really interested in the H (or at least things which are more H then story etc.) is there any way for me to know where i should look first?
I think you misunderstood my english. I said "outside of comiket" not meaning "outside" literally, but "with the exception" of comiket. Comiket's lines are legendary. If you want to get in within the first 30 minutes after the doors open, you need to line up the day before .
The only way to see if the industry booths will have anything interesting is to check their websites. They'll almost always advertise what will be for sale.
Avoiding H doujin is pretty easy... Most doujinshi tables will let you take a look at the book before hand and flip through it, so you can usually tell if there's a story or simply "action".
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote