View Single Post
Old 2004-08-09, 01:32   Link #898
sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
Is it that he's growing because people are starting to notice him, or is it that people are noticing him because he is growing rapidly as a fine ninja?

I would like to think that people are noticing him due to his growth..
It seems to me that Naruto is slowly growing out of his "i want to be acknowledged" phase, and is settling into his "i will become hokage" phase. Its also good to see that Naruto has grown out of his cowardice after 80+ episodes.. as a character, he has made a steady transition.

Sasuke's character, on the other hand, has taken a nosedive.
From reading the manga, you realize that he has had an ulterior motive since day 1, which only makes him more contemptable.
No, what I mean to say is.

His course of action to get people to recognize him is to become a better ninja. Sasuke's course of action to kill Itachi is to train and become stronger. In Naruto's case, it's working for the best. People are noticing Naruto because he is indeed becoming a better ninja. But for Sasuke, everything is going downhill despite the fact that he has improved since the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
Last of the Uchiha.. this is all good, but again.. from episode 59 we see Naruto clearly admitting that his bravado is all an act to hide his own insecurities concerning his weakness.

Whereas.. Sasuke truly believes he is Naruto's better.
While at the beginning, Sasuke was a better ninja than Naruto.

Spoiler: