View Single Post
Old 2011-05-20, 11:25   Link #46
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Although it would be cliche for Menma to disappear after her wish has been granted, this would be far better ending than say, Menma coming back to life or something ridiculous. I also doubt the Sixth Sense style twist in a series like this where it seems to be relatively laidback, tame but dramatic, but with limited supernatural elements (bar Menma's ghost status)
I didn't mean exactly like the Sixth Sense, but just that I feel that there's a possibility that there's more to Menma's odd manifestation than meets the eye. I mean, it's a little strange that for someone who is supposed to be dead, she acts so alive. Her appearance continues to bother me too. Why appear as a more grown up version of herself? If the show was really trying to push her as a moe character, you'd think keeping her as a small child would be better. Let's face it, she's not exactly in a fair competition with Anaru as far as sex appeal goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
For a moment I thought you were going to say that everyone else was dead, only Menma is alive. Now that would be a twist.
My mind went there too, but wow how would they pull something like that off convincingly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
So many disscusions about nosebleed... like if you have never had one out of nowhere? I think it is quiet normal. Now if he will keep having them, then it will be a problem.
I get them sometimes in drier times of the year (like Winter), and yeah...it sucks. But I think people are discussing it mostly due to the trope in anime, and the fact that this is mostly a drama. So he's either following the trope, the nosebleeds are simply random, or we're getting a hint that something is wrong with him. I agree with you, if they show him with more nosebleeds, the third option is the likely one. Otherwise it's just him being horny imo.