View Single Post
Old 2012-08-29, 09:13   Link #93
james0246

I'm still don't see the similarity between Naruto and Obito, or at least nothing beyond a fairly simplistic level. True Obito was brash and I guess his clan was something of a burden, but he was still an above-average shinobi that became a chuunin by the age of 11, and was well on his way to his own personal greatness shortly before his death. At best he could be described as a Naruto-lite, but even that feels like a simplistic description. No, Obito was a unique character and shoehorning him (and Jiraiya, and any other character placed in one of the team trios) to Naruto seems a tad disingenuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
hmm.... well, let's do some positive thinking...
maybe 'real Tobi' is controlling Obito from his hideout just like how Nagato controlled Yahiko
I'm not sure how that is "positive". Tobi is either Obito or he is not. Using half-measures does the character no good and ultimately feels like pandering to the audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus View Post
Misdirection is a funny thing but I'll wait and see how Kishi will explain how Obito was THE FIRST MIZUKAGE.
Who said Tobi was ever the 1st Mizukage? Kisame recognizing him need be nothing more than Kisame recognizing the man who controlled Yagura (consequently making Tobi the "real" Mizukage even if he was never elected).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote