View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 07:08   Link #26
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
To be honest, it’s rather disappointing for me in term of visual and animation though it’s by no means bad.
Honestly, I suppose it will all depend on how well JC Staff does with the adaptation. A major part of LB is about close friendship and lighthearted school life. No disrespect to JC Staff, but a way to deal with expectation of this adaptation is to see JC Staff as a 3-4 star hotel and Kyo-Ani as a 5-6 star hotel.

If you know you’re going to lodge in a 3-4 star hotel and you expect 5-6 star service, you’re most likely going to be very disappointed. But if you go in fully expecting them to deliver 3-4 star quality, then you would most likely be satisfied with the work they’ve done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Love the musics and our charmingly simple-minded characters. The characters also quite likeable. As for Rin and Masato, you might be able to get some hints but Masato being the object of violence is one of the running gags of the series (like setting him on fire). Rin is shy and not yet at the age where she is really interested in the opposite sex. I really hope it won’t turn into a harem with Riki going out with all the girls or something.
As for Rin, I don’t think it comes so much from her age, but more just from her personality – she’s antisocial and a little awkward, that’s all. She’s the same age as the other characters, who each show varying levels of interest in the opposite gender. And about Riki, he is a departure from the usual cool, hunkish, and occasionally snarky Key male lead. At first glance, one would have thought Kyousuke to be the main character as he fits all those characteristics. That said, Riki is extremely likeable, and Maeda Jun didn’t just make him androgynous for no reason. Riki should be kept as pure and adorable as he already is. Besides, his androgynous feature means he has lots of potential, if you know what I mean. Considering Horie Yui’s previous prominent male role is in OtoBoku…
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote