View Single Post
Old 2011-10-09, 18:54   Link #823
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Seen various ways to translate zennan, which is the common theme for this show. It's hard to capture it in english but I think unfortunate is probably the closest. It implies a meaning of 'could've been, too bad, if only' etc. So it's all about appearance being deceiving and those rather unfortunate and unexplained trait of the characters that made them what they are. And looks like these traits will quickly be established in no time. So the OP and ED are also trolling in a way, like the PV in 00 (which, is not aimed at new comers to begin with given it's bundled with the LN vol 7, and given the LN is topping charts they don't even need to make a generic PV as the LN fanbase is big enough).

To get an idea of the popularity of this show, which without doubt many elitist will dismiss the series for this reason alone, it is dominating the blue-ray disk sales on Amazon Japan.
“For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'” - John Greenleaf Whittier

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote