Thread: Licensed Last Exile Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-04, 00:39   Link #39
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I'm really curious how anyone could hate Last Exile. Personally I loved it and would recommend it to anyone. Only one thing. Don't dive into the middle of the series and expect that you'll like it from one episode. Reason being, each episode builds onto the next and the next and the next. You step in the middle and you'll hate it. I know this from experience. First time I checked it out, I tried to watch Episode 5 and after 15 minutes of suffering I deleted it.

Went back several months later and started from the beginning like I should have and when I got to EP 5 I not only liked it, but I loved it and it all make such a huge amount of sence, and it seemed to get better. Last Exile is not one of those series you can just drop into the middle of and actually enjoy. Think of it like a murder mystery. IF you don't start from the beginning, you'll end up missing too much and you will end up hating the show.
As I said before I have watched 9 episodes so far (well 11 now) and that means from episode 1 to 11. But still... I don't see any improvement. Well, this is definetely not my cup of tea. I gues I'll watched anyways since I spent money on it.

As for the emotional part I'm currently watching Rose Of Versailles which is very emotional and I'm much more interested in it than in Last Exile. Oh well..