Thread: Licensed Vivid Red Operation
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-23, 11:20   Link #1663
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Actually, I felt Grandpa and the four girls were reasonable here.

At the very least, wouldn't you want to know Rei's reasons for doing what she's doing before you execute her? And the girls wanting to clear up misunderstandings with Rei, and also get her side of the story, similarly makes perfect sense.

I admit that it might be a bit much for none of the girls (or Granpa) to even suspect that Rei is actually playing them like how Rei claims Akane played her. Still, if you want to get at the truth of the matter, you have to at least be willing to give Rei the benefit of the doubt and see if she had an understandable reason for doing what she did.

And sure enough, Rei did have such a reason. Incarnate energy destroyed her world, and so Rei could reasonably tell herself "Yes, this world will suffer greatly from its Incarnate Engine being destroyed, but at least it will be spared the fate of my world."

Honestly, the only characters I facepalmed at in this episode were the soldiers opening fire on Team Vivid. These idiots could have conceivably killed these girls with gunfire. Nice job threatening the very lives of the heroes that have saved Japan and the world's main power supply numerous times over.

And it looks like I was pretty close in my comparison between the Crow/Alones and the Anti-Spirals of Gurren Lagann. Although I'll admit the execution here is maybe a bit clunkier than it was in Gurren Lagann. Still, I'm glad it took this route, and I'm looking forward to the big final battle between Team Vivid and the Crow.